The West Bengal college service commission published examination notification for the post of various assistant professors for fresh new and eligible candidates in various universities and colleges. Through the Twentieth State Eligibility Test (SET)
Candidates who are willing to make their career in the teaching profession on a higher level this is the golden opportunity for them to full fill their dream by participating in the SET. Eligible and willing candidates are invited to participate in the 20th SET. There are various subjects to choose from and the candidates’ have done their masters and graduation on those selected subjects.
Things to KEEP In Mind:
- Mathematical Sciences, candidates having Master’s degree in Pure and Applied Mathematics or Statistics are eligible.
- For Life Sciences, candidates having Master’s Degree in Biological Science, Botany, Zoology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Bio-Chemistry, Biotechnology, Physiology and other related subjects are eligible.
- Library Science, candidates having M.Lib./M.LIS. Degree is eligible.
- For Physical Education, candidates having M.P.Ed. Degree is eligible.
There are 30 different subjects from which candidates will be selected or can apply for the selected subject wise application. Those various subjects are
1)English,2) Bengali,3) Sanskrit,4) Hindi,5) Urdu,6) Commerce,7) Economics,8) History,9)Philosophy, 10) Political Science,11) Education,12)Chemical Sciences,13) Geography,14) Life-Sciences,15) Mathematical Sciences,16) Physical Sciences Sociology,17) Psychology,18) Library & Information Science,19) Physical Education,20) Electronic Science,21) Computer Science and Applications,22) Home Science,23) Santali,24) Mass Communication & Journalism,25) Anthropology,26) Earth,27) Atmospheric,28)Ocean & Planetary Sciences,29) Music,30) Law, and Nepali.
Candidates are advised to appear in the subject of their post graduation only. The candidates, whose post graduation subject is not covered in the above list of subjects, may appear in a related subject. Candidates willing to appear for the subjects which are not enlisted/covered above may appear in UGC / CSIR-NET
Date of SET Examination: 3rd December 2017,
Online Application will start: 1st August 2017
Last Date of Online Application: 31st August 2017
Last Date of Payment of Application Fee: 5th September 2017
Eligibility criteria for the Twentieth State Eligibility Test (SET):
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognized by UGC in a relevant subject is eligible for this Test.
- The Other Backward Classes(OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer/Scheduled Caste(SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/ Persons with disability(PWD) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying Master’s degree (final year) examination. Whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
As per the government age restriction norms, there is no upper age limit for appearing at the SET. However, for the purpose of recruitment, the relevant Government Order will be applicable.
How to apply for the Twentieth State Eligibility Test (SET):
- Visit official web portal www.examinationonline.in
- Click on the link apply online.
- Submit all the required details.
- Add educational qualification details.
- Chose test centers wisely.
- Check the application form carefully before submitting.
- Submit the application form
- Print the copy and keep for further use in future.
- Make payment and take print of payment receipt copy also.
Fees for the Twentieth State Eligibility Test (SET):
Candidates belonging to General category have to pay Rs-1000/- and Rs- 500/- for SC/ST/OBC(Non-creamy layer)/PWD Candidates.
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
Disclaimer: All the Job Seekers are hereby notified that they must verify and read all the details carefully. www.eJobTime.com is just a social media where candidates will get only the basic details. All the Candidates should follow the official website and then go for it. We will not have any liability for misguidance.