West Bengal Kanyashree Prakalpa for Girls: With the support of the West Bengal Government, Department of Women Development and Social Welfare (DWD&SW) has started a Scholarship scheme to support the girl child’s education in WB. The Kanyashree Prakalpa is an initial step to encourage all the girls to continue their study and build a bright future. It is been so effective a helpful that The United Nations has awarded the West Bengal the first place for public service on account of the Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme.
All the girls who have to give up on their dream of study can fulfill their destiny with the help of Kanyashree. This scheme actually being able to achieve their mission which is preventing the teen girl’s marriage until their 18 (the legal age for marriage according to Indian Constitution). In our site, you can get all the detail information about Kanyashree Prakalpalike Eligibility, Apply Procedure, Scheme details, etc. There is also a Scholarship List of West Bengal on our site.
Kanyashree Prakalpa scheme Scholarship
Kanyashree Prakalpa has two-part in it which is K 1 7 K 2.
〉 K 1 Kanyashree Scheme is for under girl student from class 8 to class 12. It Is annual scholarship Student will get the same amount of scholarship money every year.
〉 Girls in who turned 18 will be under this scheme K 2 Kanyashree Scheme. At the time of the One-time Grant application, the girl must enroll in government recognized regular or open school/college or pursuing vocational/technical training or sports activity.
Kanyashree Prakalpa Scholarship Ammount
|Annual scholarship (K1)||Rs.500|
|One‐Time Grant (K2)||Rs.25000|
Eligibility Criteria For the Scholarship
For K 1 (annual scholarship)
- Student age should between 13 to 17 years
- Applicants should be studying in class VIII-XII in any Government recognized regular Scholl, equivalent vocational or any other technical training courses
- Applicant should be unmarried
- Students family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 120000 per annum
For K 2 (one time grant)
- Girls, Age should be between 18 – 19 year (after turning 19 applicants will no be eligible for this scheme)
- Married girls are not eligible
- Girl must be enrolled and regularly attending an Institution of Higher Education or Training
- Most importantly students family income should be less than or equal to Rs. 120000 per annum
Apply Procedure for Kanyashree Prakalpa
Eligible students can apply for Kanyashree Prakalpa Scheme by following method. Before applying for Kanyashree Prakalpa eligible girls should open a bank account in her name.
Eligible girl student has to collect application form respective educational institution. After that fill all Personal details, Address, Educational Institution Address to get the scholarship. Signed on that Application form and get signed by a guardian. Submit the application along with documents to the respective educational institution. Head of Department will verify the details furnished by the students and put an official stamp. Obtain acknowledgment slip and keep application number for future reference.
Documents Required with Applicant
The student should attach the bellow mentioned documents with the application:
- Copy of Birth Certificate (Age proof document)
- An unmarried declaration certificate
- Guardian income certificate (from a gazetted officer)
- Certificate of enrolment and attendance by Head of Institution of Education or Training
Copy of Certificate of Disability (for handicapped girls)
- Photocopy of bank passbook
Kanyashree Prakalpa Application Status
To get the status of Kanyashree Prakalpa Application, follow the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Visit home page of Kanyashree Prakalpa web portal.
Step 2: Click on Track Application option from the main page
DISCLAIMER: eJobTime.com is an online service to provide intimations of the latest news in various fields. We collect the content from various sources to keep the Applicant updated. Hence candidates are advised to access the official websites of the authority in order to know their eligibility and other necessary details.